Pet’s are part of the family too. These days that is more true than it ever has been, anything you can get for yourself you can be sure you can get for your pet too. From plush hotel accommodation to the latest pet fashions.
In the world of photography there is now a greater number of studios offering pet photography outright or as part of a family shoot with humans. This is a great thing, because it means there is more choice and you can find the type of photographer to suit your style and taste.
In Melbourne there are plenty of great pet photographers to choose from. Most offer location photography and some offer studio as well, it all comes down to what you like and what will suit your home or office.
Whenever looking for a good pet photographer there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Is this their passion, do they do it full time or most of the time.
- Are they qualified photographers and/or members of a photographic association.
- Do they have plenty of images to show of different animals (so not the same dog in every image).
- What do others say about them, do they seem to have a good reputation. Have a look at their Facebook page to see what people have said or check for testimonials.
- What are they charging. In this respect I don’t mean overcharging, I mean undercharging which is a common problem in photography – like all things you get what you paid for and when you go for the lowest you are likely to find that they are images your cousin Bob could have taken with his camera.
- Will the session be fun for you and your pet.
Think about why you want to have your pet professionally photographed, is it to have stunning images adorning your walls or is it to have a CD of images you put on your desk and forget about. For me photography has always been about the beautiful print that you can look at every day.